Developing a content strategy to drive business growth takes time, experience, and precision.
Anyone can write a blog post or two and call it a content marketing strategy. But a true and effective content strategy requires a deep understanding of your business, your customer, and the inner workings of search engines.
Who is your target audience, and what do they care about? How will this post impact your latent semantic indexing? How do you build your domain authority so that other pages on your site will rank better?
With over 20 years of digital and content marketing experience, the experts at CLMB can help craft your content marketing strategy. We can also help you efficiently execute that strategy with our content creation and content optimization programs.
Content Strategy Development
Understanding Your Target Market
Developing customer personas helps understand what drives your customers to purchase from one company over another. By understanding your target consumer, we can create a content plan that speaks directly to them in a way that makes sense.
Developing a Content Plan
A content plan includes the different types of content that are required to reach your audience, as well as recommendations on subject matter that will help establish your company as a source of authoritative content for your industry.
From Strategy to Execution
Once the plan has been developed, CLMB will work with you to determine the best way to execute your content strategy. Whether you want to use in-house resources, or tap into the expertise of CLMB, we are there to make sure your content strategy comes o life in a meaningful and effective way.
Our Content Marketing Strategy Process
In-Depth Keyword Research to Identify Content Opportunities
For a content strategy to be effective, you need your content to get in front of the right people at the right time in their buying journey.
Perhaps that time is when they are looking for a solution to a particular problem. Or, perhaps, that time is 6 – 12 months before they will start shopping for your product or service.
By understanding the important search terms that connect to each of those stages, we can craft a multi-step content strategy that reinforces your brand position in your vertical, your region, and your with your customer. \
This keyword research covers a variety of areas that will impact your overall content strategy, including:
- Product, service, or solution related keywords
- Other keywords that would be relevant to your audience prior to their purchase journey begnning
- Relevant keywords that help establish your brand as an industry expert
Developing a Unique, Rich & Relevant Content Plan
Once the research has been completed, CLMB will develop a content plan that targets individual keywords and keyphrases across the various target areas that have been identified.
No company should have a singular focus in their content marketing strategy, and CLMB understands how to craft a content plan that tells the entire brand story.
For example, with a recent client – a Mattress Retailer in Canada – we determined a 3-part content strategy that covered the following key areas:
- Product Features – Such as size, dimensions, and other frequently asked questions from mattress buyers.
- Sleep Health – For those who are concerned about getting a better night’s sleep, even if they had not yet considered a new mattress.
- Bedroom Decor – To attract potential buyers who were in the process of redesigning or redecorating their bedroom.
- Canadian Info – A series of articles about Canada to firmly establish the company as a Canadian owned and operated business.
You can expect the same level of strategic thought during all the stages of your content marketing strategy.
Establishing the Editorial Content Calendar
For a content strategy to be truly effective, it has to include not just what to post, but when to post it.
This includes timing articles appropriately that lead into seasonal topics, around special occasions, or to celebrate business milestones.
From the bare minimums that are required to maintain content freshness in the eyes of search engines, to the maximum posting frequency beyond which you will see diminishing returns. CLMB understands how to strike an effective balance that will drive the most engagement with the right amount of content.
Our recommended content intervals include:
- Monthly | For bootstrapped startups who just want to keep their website from going stale.
- Bi-weekly | For micro-businesses that have a laser-targeted focus on a single audience.
- Weekly – From smaller businesses without major competition
- 2 – 3 times per week | Mid-sized businesses looking to grow in a competitive marketing.
- Daily | Enterprises with an extensive variety of products & services that are targeting multiple segments in the market.
Whatever your content marketing goals are, we can help!
Previous Content Creation Examples
Below is a sample of some of the content CLMB has created for our other clients and partners.
How Can CLMB Help You?
Need help with your content creation strategy & execution? Let us know how we can help you and we’ll work on a content creation plan to grow together.